Monday, February 23, 2015

Dream. Write. Draw. Speak

For the past 25 years of my existence I could say that I am still on the part where I am not sure of what I want to do until I grow old...or until retirement. This is not the problem I thought I would have when I was younger. I thought that when I turn 25, I have everything figured out. An excellent career, a car, a house, a stable life for my parents, a stable life for me, happy and contented. 

When I was younger, I have made a list of things I want to accomplish, a bucket list of some sort before I turn 25. And I misplaced the list along the way the same time I lost the will to accomplish all those things that I've written. It sucks but the "real world" slapped me, hard in the face that life--it's not all rainbows and cotton candies with background music, feeling like you're in a musical, singing and dancing. The "real world" is cruel and mean. And it does not stop for anyone, even when you fall, even when you crumble, it's not going stop for you. Pouting and waiting for someone to help you is a complete waste of time. And this is what I've learned, at least. That life, it will hit you hard in the face, wait for you to get back up so that it could kick you in the stomach and I realized, "Oh, life is a big octagon then. As if we're in UFC." And I am not a fan of that sport, double whammy! 

I dream of writing. A blog. A journal. A poem. A song. I've been having this hope that someday I will write a piece that would mean something to someone. A piece that would make him/her believe in something again...or with someone. 

Draw. I have to disclaim this. I don't know how to draw. Ask me to draw a bird and the result will be an abstract and not a good one, I swear. But ask me to doodle a bird, it might be a different story. I've discovered the art of doodling called zentangle days after I participated in Arriane Serafico of Wanderrgirl.com's Creativity and Productivity Talk with Abbey Sy of Artistic-dreams.com. And it was sort of a lightbulb-in-the-head moment that made me say, "I can do this!" It was creative and therapeutic at the same time. And I spend most of my waking time doodling, researching and studying about this art form. 

Speak. I just discovered the art of spoken word poetry. Particularly Sarah Kay's work. And eversince, I've been searching and searching for all her work and all her performances, and I've never been disappointed even once. I don't really think that I could create some poems anytime soon but I do enjoy hearing them. Bummer that I wasn't able to get tickets for her and Phil Kaye's show and workshop here in manila. I believe that I'll catch them in the future.

Without further ado, I'm gonna go. Got a lot of work in progress! Go figure! 






No comments:

Post a Comment